With abundant portable gas grills in the market, outdoor grilling is not more restricted to our backyards. It’s fun to enjoy grilling your favorite food when you are up for camping. While some gas grills are designed for tailgating, some for rv, there are mainly which are specific for the wilderness or for coastal environments.
Each gas grill boasts a unique feature complying with the requirements of its users. If you are skeptical about the question – what is the best portable gas grill on the market, here you go with a reliable answer.
A Quick Evaluation of 12 Best Portable Gas Grill for 2023
Under $100 to as high as up to $1000, a wide range of gas grills be available which are of varied sizes and features. The best gas grill is the one which can fit your budget and live on your expectations by complying your needs and requirements.
We have reviewed the best 12 portable gas grills for you to make grilling a breeze at your outdoor fun:
Smoke Hollow 205 Stainless Steel Tabletop Propane Gas Grill
A portable gas grill with affordable pricing, which is appropriate to serve a small family! Easy to set up, it is perfect for camping which can be packed up quickly. The foldable legs allow storing it conveniently when not in use.
Quick heating is assured with the propane and you can easily cook a large amount of food in a relatively shorter time. You can warm your cooked food while cooking the new dishes by using its warming rack
- It comes with a folding legs
- Absolutely light in weight
- Easy to clean
- The warming rack is available
- Slides around during maneuvering leading to a spill
- No cleaning material provided
Pit Boss Grills 75275 Stainless Steel Two-Burner Portable Grill
From camping to tailgating, this compact grill is appropriate to take along anywhere you wish due to its high portability and compact designing. It comes with a cooking area of 275 square inches, big enough to cater to the large gathering.
The folding legs along with latching hood make it easy to carry. You can sear your food perfectly over its two independent burners producing 10,000 BTU. It is provided with the turn and push ignition to make it easy and convenient to use.
- Solid construction with 430 stainless steel body
- The high amount of heat for perfect searing and heating
- Dome thermometer available to check the temperatures
- Easy to carry
- Highly portable
- Not appropriate for large gatherings
- No additional space to hold the grilling accessories
Blackstone Table Top Grill – 17 Inch Portable Gas Griddle
With 260 square inches of cooking area, this is a portable gas grill which is made up of stainless steel for extended durability. It needs little storage space when not in use. The sturdy construction of this grill makes it free from rust even under the adverse climatic conditions.
The burners are also made from the stainless steel to ensure extended durability.
- Black powder coating prevents any kind of rust or corrosion
- Quick and efficient cook is possible with its H-shaped burners
- Put it upside down to store comfortably in the most compact zones
- Easy start with the electric igniter
- The drip tray is relatively smaller
- Ideal for small gatherings only
Char-Broil Classic 360 3-Burner Gas Grill
This impressive gas grill is a simple device coated with porcelain to ensure durability. With 420 square inches of grilling space, the main burner produces 30,000 BTU of heat to make it a competent gas grill producing high temperatures to cook your food perfectly.
This gas grill offers the value for money and can last for a few seasons.
- A side burner grill with appropriate pricing
- Stainless steel tabular burner
- Iron cooking grates are porcelain coated
- Provided with Piezoelectric ignition for quick startup
- Plastic side tables challenge the durability
- The heat output is low
Char-Broil TRU-Infrared Portable Grill2Go Gas Grill
By producing the heat of 9,500 BTU, this compact grill provides a grilling area of 200 square inches. It is provided with the piezo ignition to give it a hassle-free start. With its rugged look, this grill comes with an impressive style.
This is a powerful grill and equipped with infrared technology to ensure better grilling experience.
- Lightweight and compact in size
- High grilling temperatures to cook your food perfectly
- Highly portable
- Solid construction with extended durability
- Cooking temperature goes as high as required
- Several complaints regarding leaking regulators
Cuisinart CGG-200B All Foods Tabletop Gas Grill
With 12000 BTU, it can efficiently cook the food. Twist-start ignition gives it an easy start. Two 10-inches side shelves provide ample space for tools and plates. Absolutely compact in size, it is designed to offer high portability and easy storage.
- Durable stainless steel burners
- Easy storage with folding shelves
- Easy to start and use
- Even and consistent heat distribution
- Perfect for outdoor camping
- Inadequate cleaning leads to rust issues
- Durability issues
Cuisinart CGG-180T Petit Gourmet Portable Tabletop Gas Grill
With easy twist-start ignition, you can use this grill readily. The cast-iron cooking surface is enamel coated to avoid rusting and corrosion issues. 12000 BTU of heat is produced by the grill to ensure effective grilling.
To avoid overcooking of your food, the temperature gauge is provided.
- It comes with durable stainless steel burner
- Easy storage with folding side shelves
- Easy to start and use
- It is provided with a temperature gauge
- Lack of maintenance may lead to rust and corrosion
- The construction quality is inferior
Napoleon TQ2225PO Travel Q Portable Grill
With two side tables to offer additional workspace, these gas grills weigh around 20 pounds. It comes with a locking lid and foldable legs to add to its portability. The twin independent burner allows cooking versatile food in one go by maintaining different temperature zones.
It offers 285 square inches of cooking area and heat output of 12,000 BTU.
- A compact and highly portable gas grill
- Independent burners to cook different types of food together
- Perfect for outdoor grilling with porcelain-coated cast-iron cooking grates
- Castor wheels for easy transportation
- Kickstand to support for standing upright
- Stamped steel body leads to inferior construction
- Higher on the price side
Weber 51210001 Q1200 Liquid Propane Grill
A grill perfect for outdoor and mass production that can lit-up your parties with its sturdy looks and quick grilling!
The excellent griddle-grate combination offered by this grill makes it versatile. Easy to start, seamless controls are provided to make the cooking process easier and simple for you.
With cast aluminum construction, you can expect long term durability from this commendable gas grill.
- A fully assembled gas grill which is ready to use
- It comes with some original and attractive aesthetics
- Study look and sleek style
- Seamless operations with larger handles
- Easy-start electronic ignition
- Operational procedures are a bit complicated
- Storage space required is quite high
Weber 1141001 Go-Anywhere Gas Grill
With a weight of 13.5 pounds, this gas grill is easy to take away with you anywhere. The legs and the handle fold easily leaving it compact to require little room to store. The superbly tested grill-grates are perfect for steaks by keeping their moisture intact.
With a cooking space of 160 square inches, it produces a heat of 6500 BTU which is ideal to cook your food perfectly on this grill.
- As the name suggests, it’s highly portable
- Easy to assemble
- No flare-up issues make it ideal for indoor grilling
- Easy to maintain and clean
- Large cooking area to cook large varieties of food
- Flimsy legs make it unreliable
- Only one burner is provided
Coleman Propane Grill | RoadTrip LXE Portable Gas Grill
One of the high-rated gas grills, this grill is designed well to provide 285 sq. inches of cooking area. Equipped with two heavy-cast iron grill grates, this grill is very easy to clean. The removable grill surface allows the sliding of grease to ensure quick cleaning.
The stainless steel burners provide 20,000 BTU heat, making it suitable for camping even at the high mountains
- Quick and easy to set up
- Fully adjustable and powerful burners
- Electronic ignition with push button
- A grill offering value for the price
- Limited grilling capacity
- Windy weather leading to wobbling of its legs
Royal Gourmet 22 Inch Tabletop Grill, Portable Propane Gas Griddle
A grill which is compact in size and offers 238 square inches of cooking surface! It is provided with two independent burners producing heat up to 17,000 BTU together.
A side grease cup is present to efficiently collect all the grease while cooking to make the cleaning process easier and simpler. Piezo ignition system is available to start your grilling in a hassle-free way.
- Durable stainless steel control panel
- 2 round stainless steel burners
- Designed to make it highly portable
- Expansive cooking array to prepare an array of dishes
- Customer report the inferior quality
- Few reported about the hot and cold spots
Buying guide for portable gas grill
Here are some buying tips to help you finding an appropriate portable gas grill:
When it comes to the portable grill, it is important that the grill you choose must be compact in size which can easily fit in your vehicle while traveling and avoid any extra space. Large and bulky grills are not just difficult to handle but are challenging to fit in your car as well.
The way the size matters, similarly the weight of the grill also matters when it comes to portability. Heavy grills are difficult to transport from one place to another.
It is important that the heat output of your grill should be appropriate to work in adverse climatic condition. The grills with lower heat output will fail to work under cold weathers.
The lightweight of the grill should not attribute to the inferior make and low-quality construction. Investing in a gas grill should be judicious in a way that it could offer reliability and durability with its solid construction.
A gas grill with a higher warranty is expected to have a greater life span compared to the one which does not come with any warranty. It is advisable to choose a grill which offers a considerable warranty period to avoid additional repair and replacement cost.
Buying a portable grill is not as easy as it seems. With abundant of models available, the right pick for you is the one which can ideally suffice all your requirements while rightly falling into your budgets.
Set out your budgets and then make a comparative analysis among the various models available in a certain price range to conclude the best one. An ideal portable grill should be a combination of good heating output, solid construction, affordable price range and great customer service support from its manufacturer.