Cotton candy, an eternal classic of the funfair that awakens many memories in each of us. You have certainly already observed the manufacturing process in the fairground stands, with the gigantic cotton candy machine where the sugar is added. But did you know that these machines also exist in home format and that you can make your own cotton candy directly at home? If not, I guess I just made your day better! However, choosing your cotton candy machine model could be more complicated than expected. Between the different types available for sale, their specificities and the many criteria to take into account when purchasing, it is easy to get lost. This is why we have prepared this comparison for you,
The pros and cons described in customer reviews
When we carry out a comparison, we analyze the various opinions and tests of users on the internet about the products that we present to you. These analyzes led us to identify several advantages for the cotton candy machine.
- Lets have the carnival at home.
- The ability to customize cotton candy with different sugars or candies.
- Easy to use.
- Relatively simple cleaning.
- Allows you to make cotton candy in just a few minutes.
- Very affordable prices.
- Space-saving domestic models.
- The designs of certain products.
Of course, the various tests we consult also highlight the disadvantages of these products. Here is what we have seen:
- Fairly long preheating times for certain products.
- If the temperature is poorly controlled, you will not be able to make cotton candy.
- Overheating issues as tested on some models.
- Risks of burning sugar splashing on models not fitted with a protective cover.
- According to several tests, there are power supplies that stop working after a certain time.
- The fragility of some entry-level products.
- Sometimes more of a decorative object than a real cotton candy machine.
- There are users who have had problems with the heating system burning out without warning.
How to use a cotton candy machine?
The operation is really not complicated. You just need to turn on the device and wait a few minutes for it to heat up. Once ready, introduce the sugar into the tank. After a while, it will come out in the form of filaments which you can then wrap around a stick.
Domestic or professional cotton candy machine?
It all depends on your usage. If you want to make cotton candy a profession, the professional model is a must because it offers a much better return. If it’s for your simple pleasure, domestic models seem more appropriate.
Where to buy a cotton candy machine?
Some appliance stores may have a few models for sale. But for this kind of very specific product, you’d better go directly to the internet where you will have more choices.
How much does a cotton candy machine cost?
Domestic models vary between 30 and 100 euros as a general rule. But when it comes to professional models, they can reach several hundred euros, or even thousands.