You can cook some delicious meat on a standard charcoal grill, but you might need the best BBQ smokers if you want to prepare unforgettable pork, ribs, turkey, and other delicacies. That means investing in a model that will add flavor to all your outdoor cooking.
But it is always a hassle to choose the right product because of the dozens of options on the market today. Here we have compiled a list, and reviewed, of the ten leading smokers for 2023.
BBQ Smokers – Top 10 Reviews for 2023
Let’s dive into the review of the best smokers for BBQ that can turn your meat into a delicious delicacy.
1. Masterbuilt 20070910 Electric Digital Smoker
If you want an excellent BBQ smoker, then you cannot go wrong with a Masterbuilt model such as the 20070910 Electric Digital Smoker. The model ranks highly and is an excellent product for beginners.
It is a smoker that comes with unique features that make your food delicious even if you are not a professional. One great feature is the ability to start the unit faster and have an easy time when maintaining it.
That is all possible due to the push-button and the computerized control system that helps you to set the temperature. You can choose a temperature of between 100-250 degrees F.
The smoker comes with a huge cooking space of 730 sq. inches, which is enough to feed a couple of guests. And it is an electrical machine that cannot lose power.
- Digital time and temperature control
- Perfect for newbies and experts
- Huge cooking area
- Has a short cord
2. Dyna-Glo DGO1176BDC-D Charcoal Offset Smoker
Secondly, we have the DG01176BDC-D Charcoal Smoker from the reputable DYNA-Glo company. The model provides some amazing cooking ability, and it can prepare meals of up to 150 pounds at a go.
It also comes with six high-quality adjustable wire racks that can help you to make whole hunks or individual portions as you wish. Also, the model comes with a built-in temperature control system that enables you to read everything about the cooker, such as fuel meter.
The smoker also has a grease-management area that keeps the interior of the unit clean and a porcelain-enameled surface that is easy to maintain. What many people like about the machine is the sturdy steel frame that comes with angled and stable legs for extra support.
Its vertical design comes in handy to give your food that juicy flavor for just a small amount of smoke. You can also adjust the racks to hold whole birds, veggies, and more.
- Powder-coated black finish
- Cooking area of 1,176 sq. inches
- Sturdy steel frame
- Prone to rust
3. Weber 711001 Smokey Mountain Cooker Charcoal Smoker
The 711001 Smokey Smoker is the model to buy if you want something that can give value for the money. It is a classic in this world of outdoor BBQ and gives your meat the delicious smokey flavor of an expert rig.
One thing that makes it a great model is the simple design that makes it attractive when resting on your yard. The unit gets heat from charcoal, and it makes it easy to add wood chunks.
It also comes with a limited airflow that lets you use minimal wood for a long time. And you can easily control how the air enters the machine using the dampers.
Although there are other 18 and 22 inches model, the model we have reviewed is the 14 inches one.
- Consumers the wood slowly
- Has a simple design
- Easy to control the temperature
- Must be monitored when cooking
4. Char-Broil 19202301 Deluxe Black Digital Electric Smoker
If you like convenience when preparing your meals, then you need to try the 19202301 Electric Smoker from Char-Broil. The model comes with some impressive features that make it a must-have unit.
What makes it a great model is that it was made for both the professionals and beginners alike. It comes with a decent cooking area of 725 sq. inches that can let you make food for up to ten guests.
Besides, there are four adjustable chrome racks – they let you grill BBQ steaks and even whole turkey. There is also a smoke box that holds up to four cups of pieces of wood.
That means it takes seven hours for the wood to get burnt. Its control is also digital, making it easy.
- Easy to use
- Large cooking area
- Side-locking latch
- A bit costly
5. Weber Original Kettle Premium Charcoal Grill
The Weber Original Kettle Charcoal Grill is among the most versatile smokers you can ever get out there. It comes with a massive diameter of 22.5 inches, which is enough for preparing a whole turkey and leave space for sear steaks.
There is also a vent that lets you control the heat, a feature that is not present in gas BBQ smokers. And once you have mastered how to use the unit, you will have an easy time making your meals.
Once you are done the cooking, you only need to close the airflow for the charcoal to go off. The model lasts for years to ensure that you get the best service from it.
- Versatile grilling
- Easy cleaning and ash removal
- Excellent cooking abilities
- 3-leg design is unstable
6. Green Mountain Grills Davy Crockett Pellet Grill
One main benefit of the Green Mountain Grill Davy is the ability to carry it around with ease. That doesn’t mean that you cannot set it in your yard and leave it there.
The model is highly recommended for home use, and you can place it on your patio also. Another feature is the affordability when it comes to running it.
It doesn’t require a lot of power to operate, and you can connect it to a standard 12V battery, thanks to the 12v jumper cable. Thus, it is a model you can connect to your solar.
You can also connect it to your Wi-Fi and control the temperature while you are far away. It lets you choose from 150-550 degrees F. The model gives you the versatility you need when cooking.
- Wi-Fi connection
- Uses solar energy
- Very economical
- Short legs
7. Z Grills ZPG-7002B Pellet Grill and Smoker
You don’t need to purchase a separate machine for roasting or baking your meat if you get the ZPG-7002B. The unit has a lot of purpose, such as smoking, braising, searing, roasting, baking, and grilling.
Its versatility means that you save money and time you would waste looking for a model for every chore. The machine also boasts of a robust design that is made of stainless steel material.
Thus, it is a durable model that can withstand extreme temperature and remain corrosion-free. It is well-made to meet all your needs while making food at your backyard.
Every feature of the smoker is easy to give you a memorable experience when preparing meals for your guests. You should note that the unit uses wood-fuel as opposed to charcoal.
- Versatile machine
- Easy to adjust the temperature
- Excellent customer support
- Hard to remove the ash
8. Cuisinart COS-116 Vertical Charcoal Smoker
Cuisinart COS-116 Charcoal Smoker comes with two 16-inch stainless steel racks that give you 402 sq. inches of cooking surface. It lets you smoke different types of food such as cheese and veggies and is one of the easiest to set machines.
There is also a vertically hinged door that you can open to add wood chunks, and its porcelain enamel water bowl comes in handy to keep water. Besides, the unit comes with a bottom and top vent that offers dual airflow.
The model is portable and easy to use, making it a great model for beginners as well as professionals. The latching base adds to the sturdiness of the unit when at your backyard.
- Easy to assemble
- User-friendly machine
- Strong and sturdy construction
- Difficult to read the temperature gauge
9. Traeger TFB29LZA Junior Elite Wood Pellet Grill and Smoker
The TFB29LZA comes with easy controls that let you manage the smoker digitally. It also comes with a rotating knob that makes it possible to make accurate controls.
You can choose from 180-450 degrees F of temperate with 20 degrees interval. Besides, the model includes an easy flip switch that you can use to turn it on/off if you want.
The auto-start ignition makes it possible for you to start it without much hassle. Since it is a versatile model, you can use it for roasting, smoking, o baking.
The machine gives you a considerable working space of up to 300 sq. inches that can easily hold 18 hotdogs, two whole chickens, 12 burgers, or 3 racks of smoked grills. Another thing that makes it stand out is the ease of cleaning.
- Easy to clean
- Assembly is straightforward
- Quality and durable design
- Requires constant maintenance
10. Char-Griller E16620 Akorn Kamado Kooker Charcoal BBQ Grill and Smoker
Having gone through a lot of BBQ smokers, we cannot leave the E16620 as it is one of the top models you will find out there. It is a durable machine that was built with 22 gauge that also helps to retain the heat.
Its 200-700 degrees F temperature can easily be maintained and controlled without any hassle. All you should do is set the temperature to suit the food you are cooking.
It is also straightforward to move the machine around as it comes with an eight-inch front wheel. There is also a rear locking caster that adds to its portability.
Unlike some models out there, this unit gives you the ability to remove the ash with ease. It is also effortless to maintain the machine and won’t rust any time soon.
- Adjustable bottom and top dampers
- Removable caster and wheels
- Easy to remove the ash
- Not for high temperatures
Types of BBQ Smoker Grill
You need to know the kind of BBQ smoker to buy before you hit the market. There are four kinds of smokers that you can choose from:
- Charcoal smoker
- Pellet smoker
- Gas smoker
- Electric smoker
Why should you buy a charcoal smoker?
- Flavor – The wood and coal used in these uses brings out the original BBQ taste.
- Maintenance – The models are efficiently designed, making them easy to maintain.
- Cleaning – The processing of removing the charcoal is also straightforward.
- Controlling temperature – It is easy to control the temperature by removing or adding charcoal.
Why should you not buy one?
- It can be hard to smoke during the winter months.
- It is possible for the food to remain uncooked.
- It is difficult to maintain the flame.
Why should you buy a pellet smoker?
- Ease of use – That is possible due to auto-ignition.
- Highly efficient – They have an economical rate of 90%.
- Convenient fuel – You can get fuel on the internet.
Why should you not buy one?
- It is challenging to maintain a pellet smoker.
- They come with a motor that produces noise.
Why should you buy a gas smoker?
- Easy to use – You only need to set the temperature.
- Portability – You can use a gas smoker anywhere.
- High temperature – These units can hit about 450 degrees F.
Why should you not buy one?
- These units run on fuel, which can be expensive.
- You need to replace their parts after a while.
Why should you buy an electric smoker?
- User-friendly – They are quite user-friendly when compared to other smokers.
- Cost-efficient – They might be expensive when buying them but cost-efficient when running them.
- Safety – They are safe to use around kids and pets.
Why should you not buy one?
- They don’t provide delicious BBQs.
- It can be hard to learn how to use them.
Now you can quickly head to the market and choose the best BBQ smokers for your need. We have given you a review of top ten model and reasons why you should or shouldn’t buy a specific type of smoker.