Grill Lovers’ Mom’s Apple Bread Recipe (Ready in about 1 hour 5 minutes | Servings 12)
- • 2 cups all-purpose flour
- • 3/4 cup sugar
- • 2 large-sized eggs, lightly beaten
- • 1/2 cup shortening
- • 2 cooking apples, cored and diced
- • 2 tablespoons coconut flakes
- • 1/2 teaspoon salt
- • 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- • 1 teaspoon baking soda
- • 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Coat your loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, eggs, and shortening. Stir in apples and coconut flakes. Add salt and allspice; stir to combine well.
- In a separate small-sized bowl, combine baking soda with sour cream. Add to the apple mixture. Mix until all ingredients are well combined. Pour the batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake approximately 1 hour.
Do you like that post? Spread the word!