Grill Lovers’ Coca-Cola Marinated Ribs with Homemade BBQ Sauce Recipe
- • 2 racks baby back ribs
- • 1 large (2 L) bottle of Coca-Cola
- • ¼ cup salt
- • 2 tablespoons chili powder
- • 1-cup water
- • ½ tablespoon olive oil
- • 1 onion, minced
- • ½ cup ketchup
- • 2 tablespoons sugar
- • 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- • 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- • ¼ tablespoon cayenne pepper
- Place the ribs in a large baking dish and cover with almost all of the Coca-Cola (leaving about ½ cup of Coca-Cola for the BBQ Sauce) and add the salt. Marinate the ribs for 24 hours in the refrigerator.
- Heat oven for 350 degrees F.
- Remove the ribs from the liquid. Place on a large baking sheet and pat them dry. Sprinkle with chili powder. Pour 1 cup of water into the baking sheet and cover tightly with foil. Bake for 2 hours until the meat nearly falls off the bone.
- While the ribs are in the oven, prepare the BBQ Sauce. Heat the oil in a small pot over medium heat. Sauté the onion until soft, about 5 minutes then add the garlic, stir to combine. Add the ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire, Apple cider vinegar, cayenne and remaining ½ cup of Coca-Cola. Simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until the sauce thickens. Remove from the heat, adjust salt if needed and let cool. Once cooled, transfer to a high-powered blender and blend for 60 seconds until smooth.
- Once the ribs are cooked, remove from the oven and heat the grill to medium high heat. Brush the ribs with BBQ Sauce. When the grill is hot, grill the ribs for about 7-8 minutes on each side until slightly charred. Remove from the grill and add more sauce if desired. Serve immediately with extra sauce on the side.
Do you like that post? Spread the word!