Grill Lovers’ Calypso Grilled Pineapple Recipe (Servings: 8)
- • 1/2 c worcestershire sauce
- • 1/2 c honey
- • 1/2 c (1 stick) butter (or marg.)
- • 1/2 c light brown sugar,Packed
- • 1/2 c dark rum
- • 1 pineapple,cut into 8 wedges
- - and co,red*
- • 1 vanilla ice cream
- To prepare sauce, combine Worcestershire, honey, butter, sugar and rum in 3 quart saucepan. Bring to a full boil over medium-high heat, stirring often. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer 12 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened, stirring often. Remove from heat; cool completely.
- Brush pineapple wedges with some of the sauce. Place pineapple on oiled grid. Grill over hot coals 5 minutes or until glazed, turning an basting often with sauce. Serve pineapple with ice cream and remaining sauce. Garnish as desired. Refrigerate any leftover sauce.** Prep time: 15 mins. Cook time: 15 mins. *You may substitute other fruits, such as halved peaches, nectarines or thick slices of mangoes, for the pineapple. **Leftover sauce may be reheated in microwave. Microwave and stir for 30 seconds at a time.
For more info about pineapples, you can check the following link:
Do you like that post? Spread the word!